In day today’s world of website hosting concepts, the clients have multiple choices from their web hosting provider. Clients usually have few typical web hosting platform to host there website. Some of the hosting companies provide managed web hosting platforms some provide unmanaged web hosting platforms. There are variety of aspect that the client takes into consideration before selecting his web hosting package. Usually 80 % web hosting providers provide fully managed hosting packages to their clients.
Some of the Web Hosting Packages Are As Follows
* Managed Hosting - Majority of the hosting providers do provide fully managed hosting environment to their clients. The hosting provider completely handles all the aspects such as backups of hosting accounts, security for server hardening with the regular patches, daily or weekly maintenance and many more. Because of which the client is free from the management and maintenance of their hosting packages. With all these important aspects taken into consideration, the performances of the server is being monitored with proactive 24×7 software/hardware support which indeed helps the client.
* Unmanaged Hosting - In an unmanaged web hosting environment, the clients have to mange every thing on his own. The hosting service provider do provide the hardware, power as well as the network connection but he may not provide service 24X7 support to the clients, at the end the account management burden falls on the customer shoulders. Usually unmanaged web hosting services are only recommended to those clients who have their own technical support team which can manage entire support by themselves.
* Cloud Hosting - Cloud Hosting platform is a new hosting technology platform to host websites, application, data etc on cloud server. Cloud servers usually are of two types- shared cloud hosting and dedicated cloud hosting environment. Basically cloud hosting environment comes under fully managed web hosting platform. A user just worries for the primary things which can be his own website or application and leave all details about the underlying hardware/software environment and configuration to the cloud hosting provider.
* Colocation Hosting - When it comes to server colocation, the kind of technology and services differs with every hosting provider. In a colocation environment you can say that your business has a more direct partner. Colocation too is of two types which is as follows. One in which the client own his own hardware such as server, switches, server rack etc, where as in other way clients doesn’t own any kind of hardware he just use the collocation service and pay fix amount to the hosting provider. Usually client as well as collocation provider finalize the hosting agreement with the provider. In that agreement in the provider explain every thing related to the service he is going to provide eg- hardware, perhaps even set it up and monitor it, network responsibility, power, as well as cooling, support.
* Virtual Private Server - Virtual private server hosting or VPS hosting, is the next generation web hosting service where virtualization technology is deployed. In this kind of server virtualization technology, one single physical server is partitioned into multiple virtual servers. These virtual servers are also known as virtual dedicated server. These Servers are sold to the clients. Client benefits from the full root access on the server. The client has complete access to install applications of his own and can completely customize the server virtually.