As a Linux server hosting customer, you may find it beneficial to consider a web hosting control panel for your Linux VPS server or dedicated server so that you have a method other than SSH through which you can manage your Linux server effectively. One of the most popular Linux web hosting control panels that web hosting providers are likely to offer as an option for their Linux server hosting customers is cPanel; this is highly secure and reliable and can provide server administrators with a web based control panel through which they can manage most aspects of their VPS server or dedicated server. If you are looking to start your own web hosting business then a cPanel server hosting plan can provide you with the ideal platform on which you will be able to develop a successful web hosting business; as long as you have the resources available, you should be able to host a good number of clients on a VPS server or dedicated server because cPanel provides you with an unlimited domain hosting license and will allow you to provision all of the client features available to you as part of your own web hosting plans that you can then sell on to your own customers.
What are the main features of cPanel?
cPanel is comprised of many features that will provide you with a satisfactory Linux server hosting experience and will provide you with the opportunity to start your own web hosting business. The main features of cPanel include:
- WHM and cPanel control panels – cPanel is effectively a control panel suite that is made up of two separate elements; the Web Host Manager (WHM) control panel for server administrators and reseller clients and the cPanel control panel for web hosting clients – this level of separation has allowed two separate entities to form that are both highly developed to meet the needs of their intended audience whilst functioning together to provide web hosting providers with a way of marrying the advance element of server management with the simple element of client control panels – both control panels are accessible through different systems and use separate login credentials to ensure the highest level of security, it should also be taken into consideration that a client account will never be able to access the WHM control panel and usually there is only ever one WHM user that can be used to manage an entire server (the root account)
- Plugins – cPanel comes with support for third-party plugins and there are many available from those that will allow you to improve the security of your Linux server to those that will improve the features that you will be able to provide your own web hosting clients with – the most popular security application for cPanel is the CSF firewall that provides tight integration with Linux security services to block the IP addresses of remote computers that attempt to hack into the server or to fraudulently login into client accounts, for your resellers you may choose to use RVSkins or RVSites as these are two popular plugins that you can use to enhance your web hosting plans greatly
- Backup systems – cPanel provides web hosting companies with multiple backup options which is important when many businesses choose to host mission critical data in their web space, whether it be in file form or stored in a database and many forget to take their own backups which is why it is down to web hosting providers to ensure that they keep multiple copies of everything hosted on their customer servers – as well as providing the option of backing up to a remote server on a regular basis, cPanel also provides the option for daily, weekly and monthly backups to ensure that there is a variety of choice if a server does happen to crash and the hard drives end up being wiped.
How will cPanel server hosting benefit me?
cPanel server hosting will benefit web hosting customers in different ways depending on the form of dedicated web hosting that you choose to use. It will be able to benefit most server hosting users in the following ways:
- VPS server hosting – if you are a Linux VPS server hosting customer then you choose to benefit mostly from cPanel server hosting because cPanel is the only web hosting control panel that has a separate version available for VPS servers that has been specially optimized to reduce the use of system resources – compared to dedicated servers, VPS servers come with relatively low resource assignments which is why it is important to save resources where possible and to maximize the performance of a VPS server – furthermore, some web hosting companies are able to offer the VPS version of cPanel for free with their VPS server hosting plans which will reduce the cost of Linux VPS server hosting further
- Dedicated server hosting – the management of a dedicated server can be made hard by the fact that the only method of access that you have to your dedicated server is via SSH and if you aren’t a seasoned Linux dedicated server administrator then you could be faced with some management issues, but if you choose to install a web based control panel such as cPanel on your dedicated server then you will have access to a web-based GUI through which you will be able to perform a majority of the management tasks that you would only otherwise be able to achieve through SSH.
In conclusion, cPanel server hosting plans will provide you with the opportunity to start your own web hosting business within the context of a secure and reliable dedicated web hosting environment. cPanel is one of the most popular control panels for Linux servers and so you can be sure that by choosing a trusted brand, you will be able to provide your own web hosting clients with ones of the best web hosting experiences available without having to spend a massive fortune on any additional software.