cPanel is the most popular Linux web hosting control panel available and ca be used for Linux shard web hosting services as well as Linux dedicated web hosting services meaning that users with extensive requirements will be able to benefit from the control panel as much as shared web hosting customers. The combination of a stable platform and a stable web hosting control panel means that web hosting providers are able to offer highly reliable cPanel Linux web hosting services that are accompanied by high uptime rates and resource assignments that are likely to meet the needs of even the most resource intensive users. cPanel is a control panel suite that consists of the cPanel client-side control panel and the WHM (Web Host Manager) control panel that can be used by resellers and server administrators alike to manage the more advance feature of their servers and hosting services. Both WHM and cPanel provides a suite of features that will provide Linux web hosting users with the opportunity to manage nearly every different aspect of their web hosting service without the need for any help from their web hosting company because most tasks are very intuitive and easy to complete using cPanel.
Benefits of Using cPanel Web Hosting
There are many benefits to using cPanel web hosting services over other Linux web hosting plans that utilize different web hosting control panels. Such benefits include:
- Highly reliable – as a control panel suite, cPanel is highly reliable and can be depended upon in the most critical of situations since as long as you have the server resources available, the control panel should be able to perform any task that you throw at it in an acceptable amount of time – the services that cPanel uses to provide web, email and DNS services are all controlled by the control panel and have been specially modified to guarantee compatibility with the core application so that you are able to use a Linux web hosting service that will be capable of serving your website without the threat of any downtime being incurred – cPanel can also be used in cloud hosting environments to deliver a shared web hosting experience with the reliability of multiple servers because such environments are usually fail-proof and provide a level of redundancy that just isn’t available when using a single-server configuration
- Affordable web hosting – cPanel allows web hosting providers to offer low cost and affordable Linux web hosting plans because Linux is an open source and cPanel is fairly cheap to use meaning that the combination provides web hosting companies with a cheap platform on which they can offer reliable web hosting services – because of this as well as Linux shared web hosting services being cheap, you can usually opt to have the cPanel control panel installed on your Linux VPS server or dedicated server for an extra small monthly charge that will provide you with another method through which you can manage your Linux server hosting service
- Usability – further to being reliable and cheap, cPanel is also one of the most intuitive and easy to use control panels available for Linux web hosting, making it easy for the most basic of beginners to manage a web hosting account without the need for any prior knowledge – if you simply wish to create a new email account for your domain or add a new MySQL database to your web hosting account then both of these tasks are possible in just a few clicks and cPanel can process most tasks in a timely manner when compared to the time that it can take for other Linux web hosting control panels to complete particular tasks.
Disadvantages of Using cPanel Web Hosting
cPanel also has its disadvantages that need to be considered prior to using it in case you find that it isn’t the correct web hosting control panel for you. Such disadvantages include:
- System compatibility – the issue that most web hosting providers have with cPanel is that it is only compatible with Linux servers which can cause issues when it comes to training staff to use particular applications, control panels included – there are other options that are compatible with both Windows and Linux and some web hosting companies prefer to use a solution that is common to both operating systems because it provides them with a way in which they can receive bulk discount and will also make it easier for them to train staff and provide customers with an easy to use solution on any platform – however, the argument against this is that a control panel that can be exclusive to a particular platform will provide better support and compatibility with that particular platform which in-turn will provide users with a more seamless and stable experience when managing their web hosting account
- System requirements – sometimes the resources that are available to use on a server will inhibit cPanel’s ability to function properly since although the application can host an unlimited number of domain names and websites, the most limiting factor is the resources that form a server – if you are going to be hosting a large number of websites then you will need to choose a Linux VPS server or Linux dedicated server that can provide you with high resource assignments so that you are able to host the websites that you want to without having to worry about degrading performance.
In conclusion, cPanel web hosting services can provide you with the reliability and security that you require if you wish to host a website that is going to be collecting personal information to any extent. For most businesses a high level of uptime is paramount because this will affect how visitors use your website as if it is constantly unavailable then they are likely to go elsewhere, whereas a website that doesn’t suffer downtime is going to provide a greater level of returning visitors. The benefit to web hosting providers of using cPanel is that it provides them with a universal platform that they can offer for all Linux web hosting services, whether that be shared web hosting or dedicated web hosting.